Quick, easy and inexpensive meals are an absolute necessity right now. With that in mind, I have a fabulous recipe to help you keep your budget low. This one is hearty and super frugal which ticks all the necessary boxes for me. I usually make a double batch so that we can enjoy a meal with a sandwich for dinner and then eat the rest for lunch a little later in the week.
Now I have several chicken noodle soup recipes that I make for my crew. I love them all for different reasons. This one is by far the easiest and is really just as tasty as the recipes that have me in the kitchen for much longer. It relies on pantry staples which means I can whip this one up whenever I need a meal in a pinch.
Plus, with the sale on broth, pasta and canned chicken, this recipe is a no brainer this week. Now I typically throw in whatever veggies I happen to have on hand…fresh, frozen, canned—whatever! The same goes for the spices. If I have fresh handy, I use those. If I don’t then dried herbs and spices work like a champ. You really can’t mess this one up.
Gather your ingredients and add this one to your menu this week. With the sales available in the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 3/19 to 3/25 (3/18 to 3/24 For Some) you can put this one together for next to nothing! Remember to check the ad and grab your coupons and your price will be even lower!!
- Valley Fresh Organic Chicken Breast in Water with Rib Meat, 5 oz can, BOGO $3.29
- College Inn Broth, BOGO $2.69
- Barilla Ready Pasta, Fully Cooked, 8.5 oz, BOGO $1.79
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano and parsley (or 2 - 3 teaspoons of dried herbs)
- 10oz canned chicken, drained
- 8.5 oz Ready Pasta (or any pre-cooked pasta)
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot.
- Cook the onion for 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in the garlic and cook about a minute or until fragrant
- Sir in the chicken broth, canned chicken, salt, pepper and herbs and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 8 - 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add the pasta and cook 2 -3 minutes or until heated through.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.