This post is sponsored by Light ‘n Fluffy. All comments and opinions are my own.
I keep my pantry stocked with all kinda of pasta and rice products. That way I can be ready to whip up a tasty meal whenever needed. Obviously, I always hav a variety of boxed pasta handy BUT I also keep plenty of egg noodles on hand too!
With two boys who are pastaholics…egg noodles are a frequent addition to my menu. The large noodle offers my family the taste that they love. And, the shape and texture of those tasty noodles hugs whatever sauce is used…making it a great addition to lots of tasty recipes.
I try to keep a couple of bags of Light ‘n Fluffy® Egg Noodles on hand at all times. There’s stroganoff, casseroles, soups, stews and my oldest kiddo’s favorite…simple buttered noodles!
I spotted a recipe for Light ‘n Fluffy® Minestrone Style Chicken Noodle Soup and decided it had to go on my menu this week. I am so glad that I did as it was a HUGE hit with my entire family. It was super simple to prepare and had amazing flavor. My guys were so focused on the chicken and those tasty noodles, they didn’t even realize that the soup was packed with tons of veggies. That’s a win in my book!
If you need something delicious for your menu, pick up a bag of your favorite egg noodles, a Publix rotisserie chicken and hit the produce aisle and you can have this one on your table this week too.
When you want an egg noodle that cooks perfectly every time serve Light ‘n Fluffy® — America’s favorite egg noodle!
- Always Firm
- Never Sticky
- Simply Delicious
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups Light ‘N Fluffy® Extra Wide Egg Noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until some of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and beans and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in the chicken until heated through, then stir in the parsley and basil.
- Serve topped drizzled with a little olive oil and with grated parmesan.