This post is sponsored by Light ‘n Fluffy. All comments and opinions are my own.
My husband is a huge fan of casseroles. It doesn’t matter the type or ingredients included…just give him a big casserole with a bowl and a spoon and he’s a happy guy. I will admit that it took me a while to embrace the whole casserole concept. I mean I don’t flip out if my foods touch on the plate or anything…but I do prefer to eat foods separately.
Because of the simplicity and convenience that a casserole offers, I have changed my tune slightly. There are a couple of casseroles that I have come to love over the years. One of my favorites is a tuna noodle casserole. It’s easy and crazy inexpensive.
In our early years of marriage when finances were VERY lean, this was a meal that I made almost weekly. I’d make the casserole for just a few bucks and we could eat off of it over several days. All these many years later, it’s still a dish that I make on a fairly regular basis.
It’s a hearty meal that’s super simple to make and is packed with great flavor…winning combo in my book.
Pick up a bag of Light ‘n Fluffy® egg noodles and couple of cans of tuna when you shop this week and you are on your way to a tasty meal with very little effort. You don’t need many ingredients or a lot of time for a great casserole that your whole family will love.
When you want an egg noodle that cooks perfectly every time serve Light ‘n Fluffy® — America’s favorite egg noodle!
- Always Firm
- Never Sticky
- Simply Delicious
Keep a bag of Light ‘n Fluffy® egg noodles on hand for all your favorite meals and recipes. Try them in my Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole or any of your other favorite meals. If you need another easy and inexpensive meal idea, use the noodles for a batch of Light ‘n Fluffy Minestrone Style Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s a hearty meal that’s sure to please.
- 2 cups cooked Light n’ Fluffy Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 cans tuna (5 oz), drained and flaked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add the milk and mushroom soup in a large bowl and stir to combine. Once combined, add the tuna, peas, cheese, pepper, pimentos and cooked pasta and gently stir to mix.
- Spread mixture into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 375º F for 20 minutes.
- Add the melted butter to the breadcrumbs and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle over the casserole and bake an additional 5 minutes, until golden brown.