I spotted that BOGO sale on White Oak Pastures ground beef and decided that I needed to grab a package. Burgers were the obvious choice with the sale on the beef and buns…but I just wasn’t in the mood for a burger. Instead, I spotted the sale on Mezzetta Peppers and thought I’d try something new.
Now, I love a good Mississippi Pot Roast and thought why not try a beef sloppy joe version using the BOGO beef. I was very pleased at how my recipe turned out and my guys all gave it a thumbs up…so I thought I’d share it as the super meal for the week.
If you are looking for something beyond the basic burger, grab a few ingredients and have a tasty meal on the table in under 15 minutes! Here are the items that are on sale as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 2/6 to 2/12 (2/5 to 2/11 For Some) –
- White Oak Pastures Grass-Fed Ground Beef, USDA Inspected, Raised Without Antibiotics, 1 lb, BOGO $9.19
- Mezzetta Peppers, 16 oz, BOGO $3.09
- Arnold Select Rolls or Sandwich Thins, or Crustini Sandwich or Sub Rolls, 12 to 18 oz, BOGO $3.99
- Progresso Broth, 32 oz, BOGO $2.59
My prices were a little bit less than above but I’d estimate that this one should cost you less than $10 provided you have a few pantry staples.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 oz pepper rings AND 1 – 2 tablespoons of the pepper brine
- Brown the beef with the chopped onion in a medium skillet then drain the excess fat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the ground beef and stir to coat the beef. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ranch seasoning, beef broth, pepper and 1 – 2 tablespoons of the pepper brine.
- Simmer over medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Serve on buns, adding more peppers if desired.