We have some really great BOGO deals on some of my favorite things this week…chicken thighs, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes.
Now there are probably a million different combinations of those ingredients but the one that I knew I’d have on my menu was my Easy Chicken Florentine. It’s always a very popular dish at my house and thanks to the deals, it’s crazy inexpensive this week!
I happen to be a big fan of chicken thighs so I will often sub them in my favorite recipes. This recipe can be made with chicken breast if you prefer and the GreenWise Chicken Fillets are BOGO as well this week. So just pick up the chicken you prefer and you can serve up something tasty that’s easy on the budget.
If you have some pantry staples, I would estimate this costing you around $10…about $2.50 per serving. Great deal in my book. Serve it with pasta, rice or potatoes…whatever floats your boat. I threw in the Ronzoni deal to keep the price per serving low. You can go with what you prefer.
Look for these deals as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 1/16 to 1/22 (1/15 to 1/21 For Some)
- Grape Tomatoes, BOGO $2.99
- Publix Spinach, 9 oz, BOGO $2.99
- Publix White Whole Mushrooms, 8 oz, BOGO $1.99
- Publix GreenWise Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs, Bone-In, USDA Grade A, Raised Without Antibiotics, BOGO $3.49/lb
- Ronzoni Pasta, 8 to 16 oz (Excluding Cauliflower and Turmeric), BOGO $1.69 +
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (or boneless/skinless chicken breast if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 9 oz spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat the butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Liberally season the chicken with salt & pepper then add to the hot pan.
- Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 4 – 5 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Pour in the cooking wine and half & half and cook over medium high heat for 2 – 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the parmesan, spinach and lemon zest and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken back to the pan to warm.
- Stir in the tomatoes and serve.