I am going to go ahead and tell you that the recipe I am sharing today is definitely not diet-friendly. But it’s so dang good, it’s worth the splurge every now and again! It’s got meat, potatoes, lots of cheese and a kick of flavor…what could be better? Just steam up some broccoli and serve it on the side if you are feeling like you need to add some green to your plate–tee hee!
With all the items on sale this week, I just had to pull out my casserole dish! Look at all these BOGO deals…
- Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce or Original or Sweet Chili Sauce, 12 oz, BOGO $3.29
- Ore-Ida Potatoes, 20 to 32 oz, BOGO $3.69
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese, 7.5 or 8 oz, or Breakstone’s Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese, 8 oz, 2/$5
- Publix GreenWise Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, USDA Grade A, Raised Without Antibiotics, BOGO $7.89/lb
- Kraft Shredded or Chunk Cheese, 6 to 8 oz, BOGO $4.59
- Hormel Black Label Bacon, Center Cut, Original, Maple Flavor, or Thick Sliced, 12 or 16 oz, BOGO $9.19
Now my prices are a bit lower than what is above but I would estimate that you can put together a tasty meal for about $12 – $15 after sale and coupons/discounts.
Now, I am all about pouring on the Frank’s but if you have family with sensitive taste buds, you can adjust as needed. The recipe below is on the medium side but feel free to reduce the hot sauce or add extra if you like things spicy!
If you give it a try…let me know what you think!
- 32 oz bag frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 2/3 cup hot sauce or wing sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 – 2 green onions, sliced
- Ranch Dressing, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- In a large bowl, toss the frozen diced hash brown potatoes with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup hot sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled 9×13″ casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minute to 1 hour…until the potatoes are crispy on the edges, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, and 1/3 cup hot sauce.
- Spread the mixture over the potatoes and return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes until bubbly.
- Top with green onions and ranch dressing (if desired).