Pasta is always a welcome addition to my weekly menu. So you know I was happy to see the free Barilla available this week. But, I get a bit tired of the same ol’ pasta and sauce combo. To change up my menu a bit, I opted to do a pasta salad this week.
I thought the combo of pork and pasta would be a great option…for our meal and for my wallet. So when I spotted the Greek pork loin, I decided to make one of my favorites…Greek Pasta Salad—YUM!
There are lots of great deals this week to help you put a tasty meal on the table without breaking the bank. Look for these deals on sale now through 11/6 (11/5 for some).
- Hormel Always Tender Marinated Pork Loin, Greek, Herb, or Black Label Bacon Flavor; or Center-Cut Roast: Original, Lemon Garlic, or Mesquite Flavored, 19.2 or 24 oz, BOGO $8.49
- Barilla Pasta, 12 or 16 oz, or Fully Cooked Ready Pasta, 8.5 oz (Excluding Protein+, Gluten Free, Collezione, Organic, Lasagna, and Jumbo Shells), BOGO $1.79
- Publix GreenWise Organic Feta or Blue Cheese, Crumbles, 4 oz, 2/$7
- Bertolli Olive Oil, 16. 9 oz, BOGO $10.99
If you have a few pantry staples you can have this on the table for around $3 per person. It’s so easy to make and packed with big flavor. I think it’s a great change of pace from your typical pasta meal.
- Greek Inspired Pork Tenderloin, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 pouches of ready to serve pasta (approx 16 oz of cooked pasta), cooked according to package instructions
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and feta.
- Toss with the prepared dressing.
- Serve the pasta salad with the sliced pork.