This post is sponsored by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! All comments and opinions are my own.
We have some great deals happening this week at Publix. When I saw the BOGO sales on Publix chicken thighs and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, I knew exactly what I’d be adding to my menu this week…my Crispy Chicken Thighs With Lemon Sauce!
This is a super easy meal that’s packed with big flavor. Thanks to the sales at Publix, it’s also easy on the ol’ budget too!
You can serve this meal over potatoes or pasta. Since pasta is also buy one, get one FREE this week, I went with pasta for my recipe. With the deals this week, I would estimate that you can put this meal together for around $10—or about $2.50 per serving.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Spread, 8 to 16 oz, BOGO $3.39
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup flour
- 8 oz cooked pasta
- In a small bowl, add the salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, dijon mustard and zest of one lemon and mix to combine.
- Using your finger, gently separate the skin from the chicken thigh (creating a pocket) and gently push the mustard mixture into the pocket trying not to tear or remove the skin. Season the outside of the chicken with additional salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! and place the chicken into the skillet, skin side down.
- Allow the chicken to cook skin side down, undisturbed, for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a dish and set aside.
- Pour off the fat from the pan and add 2 tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!.
- Once the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! has melted, stir in the flour until well combined and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and the juice from 1 lemon (about ¼ cup) and whisk well.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until thickened to your desired consistency, about 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve over buttered pasta.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a baked potato, grilled cheese sandwich, hot biscuit or a your favorite steamed veggie, a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! makes everything taste great. It’s perfect for all your favorite foods and recipes.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® The Original
- No hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils
- 70% less saturated fat than butter
- 40% fewer calories than butter
- Gluten free
- No cholesterol per serving
- Good source of Omega-3 ALA**
Be sure to take advantage of the buy one, get one FREE sale now through 9/11 (9/10 for some) at your local Publix.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® 45% vegetable oil spread contains 6g fat (2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat) and 60 calories per serving. **Contains 295mg of omega-3 ALA per serving (18% of the 1.6g daily value)