This post is sponsored by Bailey Farms. All comments and opinions are my own.
Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday at my house…but for us, tacos don’t always have to be the traditional version in a shell. I try to shake things up and serve up all kinds of different types of tacos to keep everyone happy at the dinner table.
One of our favorite variations is this recipe for Taco Stuffed Peppers. You get all the taco flavor that you love nestled inside a tasty BellaFina Bell Pepper. It’s a very easy way to change up your typical weekday meal.
I love using BellaFina Peppers in my recipe for several reasons.
- The peppers give so much flavor to the recipe without a ton of unwanted calories. They are a great option for all of us trying to watch our waistline.
- Plus, they add so much color to the dish…and really just invite you to take a bite!
- AND, speaking of bite…they are bite sized. You can fill your plate with lots of little taco stuffed peppers and just pop them in your mouth—no fork needed!
- You can also prep them ahead of time and simply bake them when you are ready. This is very handy for hectic weeknights. I love being able to come home and pull the tray of stuffed peppers from the fridge. The peppers go in the oven and I am free to deal with homework, laundry or whatever I need to handle.
- The best part is that your family still has the flexibility to customize the Taco Stuffed Peppers however they’d like. Throw out a bunch of topping and let everyone add cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, black olives….whatever they love!
Grab a big bag of BellaFina Peppers and your favorite taco night fixings and shake up your typical Tuesday menu!
- 12 - 15 BellaFina Bell Peppers, halved and seeded
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ small onion, chopped
- .5 oz packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn
- 1 small Serrano pepper, chopped (if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Additional toppings as desired - shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc...
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Add the ground beef and onions to a medium skillet over medium high heat. Brown the meat, stirring and crumbing as it cooks.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the water and taco seasoning and cook 3 - 5 minutes until most of the water is gone.
- Add the corn, beans, cilantro, cheese and Serrano pepper and stir to combine.
- Fill each BellaFina bell pepper half with a generous portion of the meat mixture; press lightly into peppers to secure. (Filling should mound slightly above top edges of peppers.)
- Place on a large sheet pan or casserole dish and bake for 18 - 22 minutes, until the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Top each pepper with your favorite fixings: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc..
In fact, BellaFina™ peppers are an affordable way to include colored bell peppers in a wide variety of recipes. I can get a whole bag of mini peppers for about the price of 1 – 2 of the larger peppers. That’s what I call a super deal.
Pick up a few ingredients when you shop this week and look for BellaFina™ Peppers in the produce section at Publix.