This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All comments and opinions are my own.
My guys help me come up with the menu each week. I like their input so that I know that they’ll be happy when they come to the table. Plus, I get tired of having to come up with meal ideas on my own.
So when my guys are in charge of the menu, there is going to be a lot of pasta, a lot of cheese and probably several meals with meatballs. One dish that they request quite often is my Skillet Taco Mac & Cheese recipe. It’s meat, cheese and pasta…all their favorite things in one dish.
I don’t mind when they request this one because it’s a super easy to make and is great for a busy weeknight. At this point, I don’t even measure my ingredients. I just throw it all together and it comes out perfect every time.
I like it topped with some of the usual taco fixings…things like lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños, cheese and crushed corn chips . My guys think it’s perfect as is…well, they will often add a big helping of Tillamook Cheese. After all, is there anything better than a cheesy pasta casserole with more cheese?
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz large elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups Tillamook Cheese, shredded (I like to use 1 cup Cheddar and 1 cup Colby Jack)
- Add the chopped onion, 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning and the ground beef to a large non-stick skillet and brown the meat over medium heat, crumbling as you stir.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the water, remaining taco seasoning, macaroni, salsa, taco sauce, black beans and corn to the pan and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for 18 – 22 minutes, or until the noodles have softened and most of the liquid has absorbed. Make sure to stir the mixture 2 – 3 times to help prevent the pasta from sticking to the pan.
- Add the cheese and stir to allow to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Now is a great time to add my Skillet Taco Mac & Cheese to your menu. Look for a coupon on the Publix Digital coupon page that will save you $1 on any of your favorite Tillamook Cheese products.
$1/1 Tillamook Cheese Product Publix Digital Coupon
Every single Tillamook product that you find in the dairy aisle at your local Publix is 100% natural cheese made the right way since 1909! Find these tasty options at all Publix locations –
- Tillamook Medium Cheddar Snack Portions
- Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar Snack Portions
- Tillamook Medium Cheddar 8oz. Loaf
- Tillamook Sharp Cheddar 8oz. Loaf
- Tillamook Vintage Extra Sharp White Cheddar 8oz. Loaf
- Tillamook Colby Jack 8oz. Loaf
- Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices
- Tillamook Medium Cheddar Slices
- Tillamook Swiss Slices
Pick up a loaf and slice it, cube it, shred it, nibble it – the options and flavors are plentiful. When you buy a loaf, you’re getting Tillamook Cheese in its purest form.
With 4 different varieties available at your local Publix, there is a great flavor available for all your favorite meals and recipes. Try it on your tacos, casseroles, salads, mac & cheese…the options are endless.
Don’t forget about the snack size cheese and slices when you shop. You get the same bold flavor that you love that’s sure to come I handy for back-to-school. Pop a snack sized portion in the lunch box or pile that tasty cheese on your favorite lunch time sandwich.
Grab your favorite Tillamook Cheeses at your local Publix and enjoy dairy done right. Save now with the digital coupon.