This post is sponsored by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! All comments and opinions are my own.
Looking for a quick meal that also tastes great? Grab a box of pasta and a tub of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and dinner is ready in a flash. With the addition of a handful of fresh herbs from your garden, you have a delicious meal that your family will love.
While Jim and Jeb are red sauce fans, this recipe is what Jake and I love best. Buttery pasta with fresh herbs and some cheese may be quite simple but it’s tastes amazing. Sometimes it’s those simple recipes that are really the best!
The key to great taste is using quality ingredients like I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spread and those fresh herbs.
It’s the weekend and the last thing that any of us want is to be stuck in the kitchen for a long period of time. With this recipe, you don’t need a ton of ingredients or a lot of moolah to serve up a tasty meal. Look for I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! on sale NOW at Publix. Grab a couple of additional ingredients and have dinner on the table in about 15 minutes.
Take advantage of the BOGO sale through 9/11 (9/10 for some).
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Spread, 8 to 16 oz, BOGO $3.39
- 16 oz. spaghetti pasta
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original Spread
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Edible flowers
- Variety of colorful vegetables
- Gather the ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. For one pound of pasta, you should use 4 to 5 quarts of water. Add salt.
- Add the linguine or spaghetti and stir. Turn on the timer to 2 minutes less than the package directions state. You don’t want to overcook the pasta, and it’s best to start testing the pasta before it’s done.
- When the timer goes off, taste a strand. It should be tender, but not mushy, with some resistance in the center.
- Remove ⅓ cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Drain the pasta into a colander placed in the sink.
- Return the pasta to the hot pot.
- Add butter, parsley, and basil, and toss with tongs. Add some of the pasta cooking water if you think it necessary.
- Toss over low heat for a minute or two, and sprinkle with cheese.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a baked potato, grilled cheese sandwich, hot biscuit or a your favorite steamed veggie, a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! makes everything taste great. It’s perfect for all your favorite foods and recipes.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® The Original
- No hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils
- 70% less saturated fat than butter
- 40% fewer calories than butter
- Gluten free
- No cholesterol per serving
- Good source of Omega-3 ALA**