This post is sponsored by Carando. All comments and opinions are my own.
Need a tasty meal that’s packed with flavor but super easy to prepare? I have a treat for you today…my Pesto Gnocchi Caprese with Meatballs.
This is a dish that makes that everyone in my family very happy. It’s really just a combination of all of our favorite things in one bowl. My guys get the meatballs they love and I get that Caprese taste that I love. I just toss with some gnocchi and voila…dinner!
I love Carando Mozzarella Rustica Meatballs for this recipe as they are pre-seasoned and packed with HUGE flavor. The only thing I have to do is toss them on a pan and throw them in the oven. Really the hardest part of this recipe is making the pesto…which is just a matter of tossing ingredients in a good processor. If you don’t feel like making pesto, just grab some at the store and dinner is even easier.
You can also change out the meatballs if you’d like. Any of the Carando Meatballs would work great with this recipe. Just grab a pack and your favorites and you are in business.
- Sicilian Italian Style Meatballs
- Mozzarella Rustica Meatballs
- Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 package Carando Mozzarella Rustica Meatballs
- 1 lb bag frozen gnocchi
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅔ cups olive oil
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F place the meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes; gently turn meatballs over and bake an additional 13 to 17 minutes until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F and no longer pink.
- While the meatballs bake, cook the gnocchi then drain.
- To create the pesto, place basil, garlic and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Drizzle olive oil into mixture pulsing until smooth.
- Add parmesan, salt & pepper and pulse to combine.
- Toss together the pasta, pesto, mozzarella and gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!