This post is sponsored by Bailey Farms. All comments and opinions are my own.
Omelets are the ultimate option for breakfast or brunch. They are completely customizable and make for a quick and easy meal even on a busy day. You can fill them with all kinds of meats, veggies, cheeses and customize them based on what you might be craving.
At my house, everyone has a different idea of what makes the perfect omelet. I came up a great way to give my guys exactly what they love without a lot of work on my part. I grab my large skillet and whip up a bunch of Mini Pepper Ring Omelets and fill each with all their requested toppings.
The nice thing is, everybody can enjoy more than just one type of omelet and I don’t have to become a short order cook to feed my crew.
You simply gather the standard omelet fixings plus a few of those deliciously sweet BellaFina™ Peppers.
The sliced pepper goes in the pan first and is filled with a little cheese. That cheese will melt inside the pepper and help to hold the egg and any filling that you want to include. So the BellaFina™ pepper not only helps to contain the mini omelet, it also gives each mini omelet great flavor…it’s a winning combination!
This recipe is perfect for a hectic weekday breakfast or a lazy weekend brunch. They come together in a flash and the flavor just can’t be beat!
- 6 - 8 BellaFina™ peppers, sliced to about ¾" thickness
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 eggs
- approx ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of filling: chopped ham, sausage crumbles, bacon, chopped veggies, shredded cheese, etc
- Beat the eggs and salt and pepper in small bowl until blended.
- Heat the butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the pepper rings to the pan and sprinkle approx ½ teaspoon of shredded cheese in the middle of each pepper ring.
- Allow to melt and fill the center of the pepper ring.
- Pour beaten egg into each pepper ring until about ¾ full.
- Add desired toppings and cook for approximately 2 -3 minutes until the liquid egg is almost set.
- Flip the pepper ring and cook an additional minute until fully set.
- Serve immediately.
BellaFina™ peppers are an affordable way to include colored bell peppers in a wide variety of recipes. I can get a whole bag of mini peppers for about the price of 1 – 2 of the larger peppers.
Pick up a few ingredients when you shop this week and look for BellaFina™ Peppers in the produce section at Publix. Have them handy for my Mini Pepper Ring Omelets or any of your other favorite recipes.
Some folks may find the peppers on sale this week at Publix. Check your store when you shop.