This post is sponsored by Minute Rice. All comments and opinions are my own.
I absolutely love to sleep and try to sleep in whenever possible. Unfortunately, once 7am rolls around, my pups insist that it’s time to wake up. But…every once in a blue moon my pups and my boys don’t wake me early up and I get to sleep late.
When that happens and my morning starts after 10 am, I bypass breakfast and whip up one of my favorite thing…BRUNCH!
But, by waking up late I have missed out on a couple of hours to work on my to-do list, That means my brunch has to be easy and fast. One of my all time favorite meals is a big plate of Huevos Rancheros. There are probably hundreds of different ways to whip up this tasty dish but my favorite is Huevos Rancheros With Pintos & Rice.
My version is ready in about 5 minutes thanks to the quick convenience of Minute Ready To Serve. You simply heat up a container of the Southwest Pinto Beans with White Rice & Vegetables, fry up an egg and assemble a quick and easy brunch option in a flash. It’s a hearty meal that is packed with great flavor.
It’s a great time to add my recipe to your menu. Look for three varieties of new Minute Ready To Serve Rice at your local Publix.
- Garlic & Olive Oil Jasmine Rice
- Cilantro & Lime Jasmine Rice
- Southwest Pinto Beans
Simply heat it in the microwave and eat it right out of the cup! Great for a quick lunch, a better-for-you snack or an easy add-on at dinner. For an extra boost of goodness, add veggies, proteins or your favorite sauces. Mix it up and make it yours!
Grab a few ingredients and whip up my Huevos Rancheros With Pintos & Rice. Enjoy for a quick an easy brunch or breakfast that you can have ready in just minutes.
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Southwest Pinto Beans with White Rice and Vegetables
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup Ranchero salsa
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Cotija cheese
- 1 corn or flour tortillas, fried crisp
- avocado, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the Minute® Ready to Serve Southwest Pinto Beans with White Rice and Vegetables according to directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet and fry the eggs without breaking the yolk
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the dish by placing a fried tortilla on a plate and top with half the rice & beans, salsa, a fried egg, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese, cilantro and sliced avocado.