My guys are HUGE fans of having a breakfast dish for dinner. So when I saw the list of sale items in the Publix ad this week, I knew what I was going to make…my English Muffin Breakfast Pizza Pull Apart.
I will often make this dish for brunch or when I have a large group that I need to fed quickly. It’s super easy to prepare and such a fun presentation. After all, a breakfast you eat with your hands is always a little more enjoyable than ones that require a fork or spoon.
It’s packed with all the typical breakfast fixins’ so it’s a hearty meal. AND you can always adjust the serving based on the number of people you are serving. When I have a large group, I just grab my big pizza stone and create more rows for folks to grab.
Look for these items on sale this week at Publix –
- Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, Large, 12 ct, $2.99
- Smithfield Bacon, 16 oz, BOGO $5.81
- Kraft or Taco Bell Shredded Cheese, 6 to 8 oz, 2/$6
- Thomas’ English Muffins, 12 or 13 oz, BOGO $3.99
After sale and coupons you can whip up this recipe for about $10…or just $2.50 per serving.
- 1 package English muffins, split in half
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoon butter or spread
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- green onion, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Arrange the muffin halves on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Melt1 tablespoon of butter and brush over each muffin then broil for 2 - 3 minutes or until the muffins just begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter to a large skillet and scramble the eggs.
- Top the muffins with a couple of slices of tomato then evenly spread the scrambled eggs over top.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon over the eggs and top with cheese.
- Broil just until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with the green onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.