Did you notice the price on St. Louis Style Spareribs as part of the new Publix ad that started today (yesterday for some)? I am all about grabbing meat when I can get a super price. Ribs are a HUGE hit with my guys so getting a big slab of ribs for $7 – $9 is right up my alley.
Now, I love ribs when my husband does them on our Big Green Egg. But, that is usually a weekend kind of thing. It takes several hours when the smoker is involved and on a busy weekday, that’s just not going to happen. So I let my slow cooker do the work instead!
Slow Cooker Ribs taste amazing and require almost no effort at all. You just slather them with your favorite BBQ sauce and pop them in the slow cooker. After a few hours, they come out and are brushed with a little more sauce. Then you pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes and dinner is DONE!
Pair with some beans and corn for a super easy and absolutely amazing meal that your whole family will devour…all without breaking the bank!
- 3 – 4 lbs St. Louis Style Ribs
- 18 oz bottle of barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the membrane that runs along the bones side of the ribs and discard.
- Cut the ribs to fit the slow cooker if needed.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper to taste then generously brush barbecue sauce over all sides of the ribs and place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 – 9 hours (high for 5 hours).
- Once done, carefully transfer the ribs to a baking sheet and brush with additional barbecue sauce.
- Place the ribs under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes or until they begin to char.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce if desired and enjoy!