This post is sponsored by Minute Rice. All comments and opinions are my own.
Chicken Biryani is one of my favorite dishes of all time. I could probably eat it every single week and never get tired of it.
Traditional Chicken Biryani is amazing comfort food…but, it’s not something you would typically associate with the word easy! Usually there are lots of steps and requires somewhere between 45 minutes to an hour to make. Because I love it so much, I will make the effort every month or so. But, it’s certainly not a dish that I’d typically bother making at lunchtime. Well, unless it’s my Easy Chicken Biryani version.
My simplified version offers big flavor but won’t require tons of time in the kitchen. Thanks to the great taste and convenience of Minute Ready to Serve, I can put this dish together in about 8 minutes from start to finish! That’s what I call a perfect lunch option.
You won’t need a ton of ingredients to have this on the table in a flash. Pick up a few ingredients and skip the boring sandwich and try my Easy Chicken Biryani instead.
- Minute Ready to Serve Garlic & Olive Oil Jasmine Rice
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced or grated
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 4 oz cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- Heat the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat ½ teaspoon of ghee in a medium non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chicken, jalapeño, salt, chili powder, Garam Masala and turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the heated rice and remaining half teaspoon of ghee and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cilantro.
Look for three varieties of new Minute Ready To Serve Rice at your local Publix.
- Garlic & Olive Oil Jasmine Rice
- Cilantro & Lime Jasmine Rice
- Southwest Pinto Beans