I actually made this recipe for one of my other sites. Since the sales this week screamed for this dish…I thought I’d share it with you guys too. My Sticky Peach Chicken is one of my all time favorite meals!
You don’t need a ton of ingredients to have this on the table fast. I typically have about 2/3 of the ingredients on hand pretty much all of the time. So when I saw the BOGO sale on chicken thighs and sale on peaches, I knew this would be on my menu.
To keep it economical, just pair it with the BOGO Near East Couscous or Rice-A-Roni and your veggie of choice and you have an AMAZING meal that’s full of huge flavor.
Here are the items on sale in the current Publix ad –
- Tree-Ripened Peaches or Nectarines, $1.99/lb
- Publix GreenWise Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Drumsticks or Bone-In Thighs, USDA Grade A, Raised Without Antibiotics, BOGO $3.29 – $7.89/lb (thighs are BOGO $3.29)
- Near East Rice Pilaf or Couscous, Taboule, Whole Grain Blends, or Quinoa Blend; or Rice-A-Roni or Pasta Roni, 1.9 to 10 oz, 2/$2
I have played around with this recipe over the years and finally came up with what I think is perfect.
When you look at the recipe, you might notice that there is no oil. I have found that using chicken thighs with the skin intact makes for that perfect crispy texture that pairs so nicely with soft peaches. You just poke the skin with a knife and throw it into a hot pan. The chicken stays moist and the skin is crispy…it’s amazing.
With the addition of the peaches and that yummy sauce you have a dish that’s a little bit savory and a little bit sweet and oh, so delicious!
I prefer to debone the chicken thigh before cooking. It’s really quite easy to do and only takes a total of 5 minutes to do 4 thighs. If you don’t want to remove the bone, just be aware that you might have to increase your cook time a little bit.
Grab a few ingredients when you shop this week and give my recipe a try and let me know what you think.
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 – 4 peaches, sliced
- Use a knife and poke 5 – 6 holes in the chicken skin.
- Preheat your skillet and place the chicken into the hot pan skin side down.
- Cook for 5 – 6 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar chicken broth, brown sugar and orange juice and mix to combine.
- Use a napkin to wipe away the excess oil and add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute,
- Add the peaches and the sauce mixture and cook over medium high for 5 – 8 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and toss to coat in the sauce.