This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
I depend on my grill and try to use it multiple times each week. I can usually talk my husband into doing the grilling while I tackle the sides. When he is busy or running late, I might have to take over the grill from time to time. If I know that I am in charge of the grill, I opt for super easy options so that I can better manage the sides and the grill at the same time.
One of the most popular dishes that I make for my family is my recipe for Grilled Foil Packet Pork Cheesesteak Sandwiches. The prep and the actual cooking really couldn’t be any easier. You grab a bell pepper, an onion and package of Smithfield Marinated Pork. A little knife work and some foil and you are in business!
Toss the veggies in a bowl with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and then place in the middle of the foil sheet. Add the Smithfield Marinated Pork and seal it up. That’s it!
You don’t need a bunch of other ingredients or spices because the meat is already marinated. There is great flavor right from the package. That means it’s a dream come true for your busy weeknight.
Once the meat and veggies are done, you simply open the foil and add some cheese. Then it goes on a sub roll and you have the ultimate Pork Cheesesteak Sandwich that’s packed with AMAZING flavor.
If you aren’t a sandwich person, you can toss the meat and veggies on nacho chips, serve over rice or even tucked in a baked potato. The options are endless!
I like to use a Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin for this recipe but really any of the Smithfield Marinated Pork items will work. Try it with the Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet…it’s my second choice when it comes to this sandwich.
Look for these tasty options in the fresh meat section at your local Publix.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- NEW Steakhouse Pork Chops
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- NEW Sweet & Smoky Roast
Visit the meat department at Publix and grab some Smithfield Marinated Pork and a few additional items and add this one to your menu this week. This recipe is so dang good, chances are good that you won’t have any leftovers at all!
- Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1¼ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sub Roll Buns
- Add the bell pepper and onion to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the veggies with olive oil and divide and place in the center of 5 large sheets of foil (approx 12' long)
- Top each veggie mound with the pork and fold the top and sides of the foil to seal and create a packet.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook for 15 minutes over medium high heat.
- Carefully open the packets and add ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
- Place the meat and cheese on a sub roll and serve.
Share YOUR story on how Smithfield® Fresh Pork helps you to get grilling and you could win $5,000!
When you enter the Get Grilling America and share how Smithfield helps you be the ‘Hero of Your Grill’ you have the chance to win $5,000. Plus, in addition to the sweepstakes, there is also a Daily Instant Win game where you get the chance to win prizes every day!
In addition to the sweepstakes, the website offers champion Pitmaster bios, recipes, tips, and more so you can make the most of your grill this season.
Visit the Get Grilling America website and enter now through 9/4.