This post is sponsored by Minute Rice. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you’ve been hanging out with me for a while, you probably know that I am a bit of a hummus addict. I always stock up when it’s BOGO…and when it’s not on sale, I just make my own.
When I saw this recipe for Deconstructed Hummus And Rice, I had to give it a try. I am happy to report that it was crazy good. It’s packed with big flavor and the best part, it’s ready in about 5 minutes.
It starts with a cup of new Minute Ready To Serve Rice. Then you just add in a few ingredients and voila…a tasty dish that is perfect for lunch or a quick snack.
Look for three varieties of new Minute Ready To Serve Rice at your local Publix –
- Garlic & Olive Oil Jasmine Rice
- Cilantro & Lime Jasmine Rice
- Southwest Pinto Beans
Even better, you can stock up on tasty rice at a great price. Look for the rice on sale 2/$3 as part of the Publix Ad that runs through 7/24 (7/23 for some).
Heat it in the microwave and eat it right out of the cup! Great for a quick lunch, a better-for-you snack or an easy add-on at dinner. For an extra boost of goodness, add veggies, proteins or your favorite sauces. Mix it up and make it yours!
Grab a few ingredients and take advantage of the sale and whip up a batch of Deconstructed Hummus And Rice this week. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Garlic & Olive Oil Jasmine Rice
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken broth*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup chickpeas
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pita chips
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken broth, tahini, lemon juice and cumin. Fold in chickpeas and rice. Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips, if desired
Look for this deal as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 7/18 to 7/24 (7/17 to 7/23 For Some).