I always work on my menu every Sunday night so that I can get a game plan for the coming week. I look at the sneak peek and try to come up with meals based on the sales and what I have on hand. When I spotted the combination of deals in the ad this week, I knew exactly what I would add to my menu – Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos!
I mean look at the list of deals…it’s everything that you need!
- Publix Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 97% Fat Free; or Drumsticks or Thighs, USDA Grade A, BOGO $5.19/lb
- Pace Salsa or Picante Sauce or Queso Blanco Dip, 15 to 64 oz (Excluding Organic), BOGO $2.57 – $8.19
- Kraft Shredded Cheese or Chunk Cheese, 6 to 8 oz, or Kraft Taco Bell Shredded Cheese, 7 oz, BOGO $3.68 +
- Old El Paso Dinner Kit, 8.8 to 12.6 oz, BOGO $3.08 +
- Del Monte Fresh Guacamole, 8 oz, BOGO $3.99
- Breakstone’s Sour Cream or Cottage Cheese, 16 oz cup, BOGO $2.89
Of course I also love this recipe as it takes almost no effort to put together. I usually put on the chicken at lunchtime and it’s ready to go for dinner by 6pm. If we aren’t quite ready to eat, it can sit on warm for a couple of hours no problem!
There are several coupons/offers in the ad that you can use with those BOGO sales. I would estimate that you could put this meal together for around $10…or about $2.50 per person.
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning
- taco shells
- + any of your favorite taco fixings
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken and then add the salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Shred the meat and add to the taco shells.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Serve with rice and beans for a complete meal that takes almost no effort whatsoever. Add this one to your menu and enjoy a tasty meal for your next taco night!