This post is sponsored by Quality Pasta. All comments and opinions are my own.
When you think about healthy meal options, mac and cheese is not something that typically comes to mind. That is unless you are talking about Muscle Mac®!
So often, mac & cheese gets a bad rap. But Muscle Mac is different than most. Muscle Mac is a delicious and convenient mac & cheese that you can feel good about eating AND serving to your family. It has the taste you crave plus a smooth texture. The pasta used is GMO free and fortified with added vegetable protein. And, the cheese they use is real cheese, with no synthetic dyes, colors or flavors. And, there’s more of it—more than any other national brand—so you get plenty of calcium, too.
Plus, just one serving of Muscle Mac provides 42% of your recommended daily protein* intake. Yep, this mac and cheese not only tastes great but it has nutritional benefits unlike any other packaged mac & cheese. We all know how important protein is for health. Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. It provides energy for your workout and supports muscle growth and recovery. But it can also curb hunger and boost your immune system. There are really so many reasons to make sure your diet is rich in protein.
New Muscle Mac PRO available at Publix is enhanced with BC30 Probiotics and MCT oil. Probiotics aid in “gut health”, immunity, and protein absorption, and MCT oil is a healthy fat that aids in energy production. Publix is the first retailer to carry Muscle Mac PRO!
You’ll find Muscle Mac® Microwave Macaroni & Cheese Cups in the pasta aisle at your local Publix. Stock up and have it handy for a quick and convenient meal…or use in your favorite recipe. I happen to love it stuffed into peppers with some chicken sausage. The flavors combine perfectly and is the ultimate in comfort food that packs a big protein punch!
Grab some Muscle Mac and a few ingredients and whip up a batch as a tasty meal that your whole family will love.
- 1 cup of Muscle Mac® PRO, prepared according to package directions
- 3 oz cooked chicken sausage link, diced
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- Red pepper flakes to taste, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Muscle Mac® PRO, diced sausage, black beans, corn, cumin and cilantro.
- Stuff the mixture into each pepper half.
- Place the stuffed peppers into a casserole dish and pour 1/2 cup water around the peppers.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Serve topped with red pepper flakes if desired.
Notice that I chose to use Muscle Mac PRO in my recipe. This tasty mac & cheese is enhanced with BC30 probiotics and MCT oil. I say why not pump up the nutrition whenever you can. This is the ultimate meal that tastes great and is a better-for-you option you can feel good about eating AND serving to your family!
*Percent daily value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.