Need a quick and tasty meal that you can put together in a flash? Grab a few ingredients and whip up a Meatball Pocket Pull Apart.
My guys are meatball-aholics so I am always trying to find new ways to give them their favorite foods. I saw the deals on meatballs, crescent, cheese and pasta sauce and decided it was a great time to serve up a tasty pull-apart.
This is easy to prep and has the taste of a meatball sub without the mess. Everything is tucked neatly inside the bread and it’s kinda fun to let everyone dive in and grab their dinner.
Here are the deals as part of the Publix Ad & Coupons Week Of 5/9 to 5/15 (5/8 to 5/14 For Some)
- Armour Meatballs, Italian, Original, Turkey, or Beef, 11 or 14 oz, BOGO $4.99
- Sargento Shredded Cheese, 5 to 8 oz, BOGO $3.90
- Ragu Sauce, 14 to 24 oz (Excluding Pizza Sauce), or Mueller’s Pasta, 8 to 16 oz, BOGO $2.04 +
- Pillsbury Dinner Rolls, Crescent, 4 oz, or Cinnamon Rolls With Icing, 7.3 oz, or Grands! Biscuits, 10.2 oz, or Jr Flaky Golden Layers Butter Tastin’, 12 oz, 10/$10
The total for this meal is $8.50 even without any coupons. I used coupons of course and got my ingredients for next to nothing. And the pan you see below was knocked out in just minutes. Easy, tasty and inexpensive…my idea of a great meal!
- 12 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 3 small cans of refrigerated crescent dough (12 rolls)
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Separate each dough roll and stretch the dough slightly to increase the size.
- Place two meatballs on each dough sheet and top with a tablespoon of pasta sauce and a tablespoon of cheese.
- Stretch the dough over and around to encase the meatball in a pocket.
- Place seam side down into a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Repeat with all dough rolls.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with additional pasta sauce if desired.