This post is sponsored by Ronzoni. All comments and opinions are my own.
The weather is just amazing here in Chattanooga. We have had a few weeks of amazing, not too hot and not too cold, spring temperatures. With this kind of weather, I crave warm weather foods. You know, foods that are light but still packed with great flavor.
One of my absolute favorite foods to eat this time of year is a pasta salad. I love to whip up a big batch of yummy pasta salad that I can serve up for dinner AND then use as leftovers for my lunch over a couple of days.
Thanks to the new digital coupon, I picked up a box of Ronzoni® Gluten Free pasta and knew exactly what I was going to make—my Gluten Free Lime Cilantro Southwestern Pasta Salad! This recipe combines all of my favorite flavors and is great as a tasty side or can be served as a complete meal. Simply, serve as is…or toss in some grilled chicken if you have folks who “need” meat with every meal.
What’s great is that this recipe is super fast to prepare. The whole meal can be made in the time it takes to cook the pasta. Plus, you have the option to serve it immediately or toss it in the refrigerator to serve whenever needed. I typically start my pasta first and then make the dressing and prep the veggies while the pasta cooks. Then, once the pasta is done, it’s just a matter of tossing everything together to combine all those great flavors!
Look for a high value Ronzoni coupon over on the digital coupon page. Load your coupon and pick up a box of Ronzoni® Gluten Free pasta and a few additional ingredients to serve up a delicious meal that your whole family will love.
Unlike most other gluten free pastas, Ronzoni® Gluten Free is made from a unique 4 grain blend: white rice, brown rice, corn and quinoa. For a taste that’s every bit as good as regular pasta. It’s sure to get a great reception in your home.
- 12 oz box Ronzoni Gluten Free Pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup light olive oil or salad oil (NOT EVOO)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 2.25 oz black olives, sliced
- Cook the pasta then drain and rinse.
- Add cilantro, oil, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, lime juice, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until combined.
- Place the pasta, corn, beans, tomatoes and black olives in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.