This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
There are very few days where I have a lot of free time. Typically I am running around like a chicken with its neck cut off. So, when it comes to dinner, the slow cooker is often my best friend.
I have a list of family favorites that I can choose from and the one I am sharing today is definitely one that’s near the top of the list. Slow Cooker Loaded Pork Stuffed Baked Potatoes is a meal that I can serve and make everyone happy. It’s super simple to prepare and the taste is AMAZING!
When I say super simple, I mean it. I cook the potatoes AND the pork in the slow cooker at the same time. That means my cook time is next to nothing. It’s really only a few minutes of prep time. The slow cooker does all the work for me. All I have to do it throw out some toppings when it’s time to eat. My guys get to stuff their potato with all their favorite fixings and I am in the kitchen for less than 10 minutes. See…everyone is happy!
Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork helps me put this meal together with basically no effort at all. I don’t have to season the meat, marinate it or anything. I literally cut open the package and drop it in the slow cooker.
Now the trick to this recipe is some aluminum foil and a slow cooker liner. Just build a wall of foil to effectively split the slow cooker into two sections. Your potatoes go on one side and the Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork goes into a liner on the other side. Cook on low for 8 hours and you are in business!
I told you it was super simple.
Once the pork and potatoes are done you can add any topping that you like and dinner is ready in a flash. Perfect for a super busy weeknight.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- ½ cup of water
- Your favorite toppings including butter, cheese, sour cream, barbecue sauce, onions, bacon bits and more...
- Fold multiple sheets of foil and wedge into the crock to create a wall to separate the slow cooker into two halves.
- Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork and rub with oil and salt.
- Wrap with aluminum foil and place in one section of the slow cooker.
- Place a slow cooker liner in the other half of the slow cooker and add the Smithfield® Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin and half cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the pork and stuff into the potato with your other favorite toppings.
Do you have a favorite meal that you make with Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork? If so, that recipe could earn you a big pay day!
Smithfield is running a national contest called Shake it Up with Smithfield Fresh Pork where you submit a photo & short description of how you reimagine mealtime with Smithfield®Fresh Pork.
Just show them how you cut and substitute Smithfield Fresh Pork within traditional beef or chicken dishes centered around a week night dinner or entertaining. Your easy recipe means the chance to win one of (20) $100 gift cards or a grand prize of $5,000 cash!
Remember, Publix carries a big variety of Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork items for you to choose from. Look for these six items in the fresh meat section at your store.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- NEW Steakhouse Pork Chops
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- NEW Sweet & Smoky Roast
Grab any of the tasty meats and whip up something you love and you may be the big winner.