Alright guys...have you grabbed that BOGO pork yet?
I know lots of folks think pork is bland and boring. I like to remind them that it can be tasty and delicious...it's all about HOW you prepare it.
With this recipe, you don't have to worry about it being dry and tasteless. The mushroom gravy is rich and absolutely delicious and ensures that the pork tastes amazing. What's even better...it's fast and super easy. So, this is a great recipe for a busy weeknight.
Just pair with some of the BOGO Birds Eye veggies and some rice or potatoes and you can have dinner on the table in about 15 - 20 minutes!
Notice that you don't need a ton of ingredients for this one. The biggest cost for me was the pork that was under $5 for the entire package. If you had basic pantry staples, I would estimate that you could put this one together for $10 - $12. That makes my Smothered Pork Chops about $3 per serving.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 5 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12/ teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium high heat until oil shimmers.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Add to the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork to a plate and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until golden.
- Next, add the shallot and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle flour over the veggies and stir to coat.
- Stirring constantly, cook for one minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, cream, fresh thyme and cook for approximately 2 -3 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. Taste and season with additional salt & pepper as needed.
- Place pork chops back into the pan with the mushroom gravy.
- Reduce heat and simmer the pork in the gravy for 8 minutes.
- Serve pork over rice or potatoes and top with gravy.