This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Have you had the chance to take advantage of the big Smithfield coupon over on the digital coupon page? Don’t miss your chance to grab a discount on any of your favorite varieties of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork items the next time you shop.
Clip the digital coupon and save up to $2 the next time you shop. The coupon offer will vary by person, head over to see what offer you have in your account.
Not sure what to do with your pork? How about a fabulous meal that takes almost no effort? Pick up a Sweet & Smoky Roast and you can have my BBQ Pork Tacos on the table without spending a ton of time in the kitchen or spending a ton of money.
I bet that you have the majority of ingredients on hand as most are what I consider pantry staples. Even if you had to buy a few items, you are still going to whip this up at a great price.
Because the pork is already marinated, you don’t need a ton of ingredients to get great flavor. Just toss everything in and let the slow cooker do it’s magic. Then, when you are ready to eat, just throw together a quick slaw and grab the tortillas.
- 2lb Smithfield Sweet & Smoky Fresh Pork Roast
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce￼
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- corn tortillas
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped + additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the hoisin sauce, cooking wine, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, brown sugar & Chinese five-spice powder and pour over pork.
- Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, make the slaw by whisking together the rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Mix with cabbage, carrots and cilantro and season to taste with salt & pepper. Allow to sit for 10 minutes until ready to serve.
- Shred pork and mix with 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Serve shredded pork on corn tortillas topped with slaw and fresh cilantro.
Have a tasty pork recipe that you like to serve up? That recipe could earn you a BIG payday! Just pick up your favorite Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork and use it to whip up something tasty, then submit it to the Shake it Up with Smithfield Fresh Pork contest.
Show how you cut and substitute Smithfield Fresh Pork within traditional beef or chicken dishes centered around a week night dinner or entertaining and you could win big. Your easy recipe means the chance to win one of (20) $100 gift cards or a grand prize of $5,000 cash!
Remember, Publix carries a big variety of Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork items for you to choose from. Look for these six items in the fresh meat section at your store.
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- NEW Steakhouse Pork Chops
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- NEW Sweet & Smoky Roast
Clip your coupon, submit your meal idea and you could be a big winner!