This post is sponsored by Castello. All comments and opinions are my own.
Yep, we are getting a coupon that will save you $2 on any of your favorite Castello Cheeses. Clip that coupon and head into Publix to grab a great deal on any of the delicious Castello Cheeses found in the specialty cheese case in the deli. There are quite a few Castello flavors, so you might have a tough time deciding what to purchase first!
Castello Cheeses come in a variety of options from indulgently creamy, to curiously crumbly and even surprisingly sharp. Here's a list of what you'll find at Publix -
- Castello Gouda Round - Rich and creamy with a semi-hard texture. Nutty flavor and a touch of sweetness.
- Castello Havarti Creamy - Mild and aromatic cheese with just a hint of tanginess. Creamy consistency but is easy to slice and enjoy.
- Castello Double Crème Blue - Rich and smooth with a soft, creamy texture and hints of autumn mist. The complex taste combines the taste of slightly salted sour cream with the rounded, hoppy bitterness of blue.
- Castello Traditional Danish Blue Wedge - Fine, nutty, blue mold aroma with hints of marzipan and a soft bitterness of sourdough.
- Castello Aged Havarti - Mild, slightly tangy Danish Havarti. Matured for 12 months in Denmark, to a traditional recipe dating back to 1952.
- Castello Vintage Havarti - Creamy, with attractive deep notes of butter and fermented milk. Aged 24 months, it offers a deep, rich, creamy flavor and crunchy texture. The small white spots that are visible on and within the cheese are the secret to its delicate crystalline texture and subtle crunch.
- Castello Extra Creamy Danish Blue Wedge - A mild blue mold aroma, buttery with a hint of oiliness and a sharp blue mold sourness overlaid on tempered salty butter.
- Castello Crumbled Blue - A fine, nutty, blue mold aroma with hints of marzipan. The taste is an exact blue mold; soft and elegant bitterness with a marzipan note overlaid on the sourdough sourness of the cheese.
You really can't go wrong, no matter what you choose. Whether you need a tasty cheese for snacking, for a quick appetizer or even for your favorite recipe, there is a Castello variety to suit all your needs.
Skip the crowds and plan a relaxing, romantic evening at home. Pick up a few ingredients at your local Publix and bake up a Savory Blue Cheese, Pear & Ham Tart for your next Friday night in! You don't need reservations or a lot of cash to enjoy an elegant meal for two.
The sweetness of the pears combine with the tangy Castello Cheese and salty ham for a dish that tastes amazing. Serve with a simple side salad and a glass of your favorite wine. Enjoy a relaxing meal with your loved one while you spend a few minutes catching up after a busy week. The best part...you won't get a huge bill at the end of this meal!
Look for the big $2.00 Castello coupon in the 2/10 Sunday paper. Clip the coupon and stop by Publix to pick up a few ingredients and give my recipe a try on your next date night.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- ⅓ cup Castello Havarti Creamy, shredded
- 8 oz diced ham
- 4 oz Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roll dough flat and put into a round 9-inch fluted tart pan or 14 x 4-inch rectangular fluted tart pan. Dough should come to top of fluted lip. Freeze for ½ hour.
- Bake pie crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and Sprinkle ¾ cup of Castello Havarti Cheese in bottom of pie crust.
- Layer the pears over the cheese and top with diced ham and crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 - 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve.