This post is sponsored by Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter. All comments and opinions are my own.
This time of year, I make all kinds of goodies for friends, gatherings and to give as gifts. All those sweets can make it next to impossible to maintain my healthy goals. Heck, even if I am giving the goodies away, I am still tasting and sampling before they leave my house.
While it can be hard to stay on track, delicious treats like my Peanut Butter Turtle Cheese Ball make it a little easier.
My cheese ball tastes amazing and is super easy to prepare. It’s a better option than a traditional dessert cheeseball as it omits the massive quantities of powdered sugar that you find in similar recipes. Instead, I pair the great taste of Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter with a light cream cheese and a little honey. The result is a creamy cheese ball with a rich peanut butter flavor.
Isn’t it funny how simple ingredient combinations will yield the most flavor?! That’s why I use Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter for this recipe. You see, Teddie Peanut Butter tastes great because it’s simply peanuts and salt. There are no preservatives or crazy ingredients that you can’t pronounce.
Finally, to give it that turtle flavor that I crave, I roll the cheese ball in nuts, mini chocolate chips and caramel bits. With these items, a little goes a long way. Serve with fruit and pretzels for a decadent treat that you can enjoy without the holiday sugar coma!
Grab a few ingredients and whip up my Peanut Butter Turtle Cheese Ball for your next holiday gathering. It’s the perfect time to shop as we have a sale on Teddie Peanut Butter right now at Publix. Pick up the 16oz. jars of Teddie Natural Smooth or Chunky priced at just $2.99 and Teddie Organic Creamy Peanut Butter as low as $4.99. The sale is available through 12/28 so take the opportunity to stock up and save!
- 1/2 cup Teddie Smooth All Natural Peanut Butter
- 8 oz light cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon caramel bits, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Combine Teddie Smooth All Natural Peanut Butter, cream cheese and honey in a large bowl and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Place the mixture in the middle of a large piece of plastic wrap; wrap tightly and shape into a ball.
- Place the wrapped ball into the freezer for about an hour.
- Place the chocolate chips, chopped caramel bits and pecans on a plate. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture until fully coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve with fruit, pretzels, graham crackers, vanilla wafers or whatever you prefer.