This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Have you had the chance to load and use that big Farmland® Diced Ham coupon yet? If not, what are you waiting for? You don’t want to miss the opportunity to grab a great discount on a pack of delicious ham that you can use in dozens of delicious recipes.
Farmland® Diced Ham is my secret to serving up a fantastic meal without a ton of effort. The ham is fully cooked and comes diced and ready to go right from the package. It can be tossed in salads, omelets, casseroles or pasta for a quick and delicious way to add protein to your favorite meal.
I use it any time of day as it’s super versatile. In the morning, the ham is great in scrambled eggs, omelets or a tasty breakfast pizza. At lunch time, it’s a quick and easy protein to toss in my salad or included in a wrap that comes together in a flash. Of course for dinnertime…the sky is the limit. It’s perfect in my Easy Ham, Spinach & Cheese Quiche and absolutely amazing as part of my Cheesy Rice & Ham Stuffed Peppers.
I can’t even begin to tell you how tasty these stuffed peppers are. They are a family favorite and a frequent addition to my weekly menu. I love them for the taste AND the fact that the recipe is simple to prepare. With this being a hectic time of year, I am all about those easy recipes that don’t have me in the kitchen all night!
It takes maybe 10 minutes to prep the peppers, then you just pop them in the oven, set a timer and let them bake. Not being stuck in the kitchen means I can get more done. With my to-do list being as long as my arm and leg, I will take any extra time that I can get. Then, once the timer goes off, I just grab some plates and watch my guys devour the entire dish in no time flat!
Clip your coupon and then pick up a few ingredients and serve this tasty meal this week. Besides being delicious, this recipe is super economical. Chances are you probably have most of the ingredients on hand right now.
- 8 oz Farmland® Diced Ham
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 large bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prep the peppers by cutting off the tops of the peppers and removing the seeds and membrane.
- If the peppers will not sit upright, carefully trim the bottom until it sits flat.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Fill the prepared peppers, mounding the rice mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to an 8×8-inch baking dish and add the filled peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- If desired, remove foil and sprinkle with additional cheese and broil for 3 – 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
If you have a favorite way to use Farmland® Diced Ham, leave a comment and share. I am sure we can all use easy recipes this time of year!