This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
When things get busy, I have a few go-to recipes that I can put together in a flash. These are typically recipes that require very little effort either for the prep or the actual cook time. You know the type that I mean...simple options that don't require me to spend all night in the kitchen.
A quiche is the ultimate meal and a definite go-to recipe on my hectic days. With a quiche you simply toss whatever you want into beaten eggs and pour into a pie crust - easy breezy!
Prep time is minimal making your time spent in the kitchen "cooking" just minutes. Clean up is a breeze as well. You'll only have to deal with a few prep items and then the one pan used for cooking.
A quiche is a great way to use up leftovers in your fridge and often I will toss in whatever meat, veggie and cheese that I have on hand. But, my all time favorite quiche is my Easy Ham, Spinach & Cheese Quiche. I purposely keep frozen spinach in my freezer so when I see a deal on Farmland® Diced Ham, this recipe is a definite!
Good news guys! We have a big Farmland® Diced Ham coupon over on the Publix digital coupon page right now. Looks like my favorite quiche will be on my menu again soon!
Load your coupon and grab great savings on delicious ham that is perfect in so many different recipes. One package of ham will do this quiche AND you'll have plenty left for another tasty meal. Use it for a tasty omelet, in a quick salad, an easy casserole or whatever floats your boat. Farmland® Diced Ham is so versatile, you can use it for dozens of breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust at room temperature
- 10 oz Farmland® Diced Ham
- 1½ cups of shredded cheese - I like Gruyere or Swiss for this recipe
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 5 oz spinach (if frozen--defrost and remove as much liquid as possible)
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Press your pie crust into a 9" tart or pie pan.
- Sprinkle the ham and spinach and half of the cheese over the bottom of the crust.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk/cream, mustard and pepper until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham layer.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake at 375º for 35 - 40 minutes until set and top begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 - 15 minutes before you slice and serve!
If you have a favorite way to use Farmland® Diced Ham, leave a comment and share. I know we can all use easy recipes this time of year!