This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away. My mouth is watering just thinking about all the delicious foods that will be on the dinner table.
The foods that we typically serve on Thanksgiving are generally appropriate most any time of the year. It’s really the combination AND quantity of foods that make Thanksgiving so special. My Southern Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Streusel is a dish that will always be on my holiday menu but I love to make it at least once a month whenever I can. The recipe that I am sharing today is the recipe that I make to serve a big group. I’ll typically halve the recipe when I am making it on a regular week for my family. It’s fantastic with pork or chicken and half the recipe usually is enough for dinner and leftovers the next day!
Why not add it to your menu this week as a trial run for your Thanksgiving dinner in a few weeks. I promise, your family will be very happy to see it on the menu as often as possible.
We have a big Smart Balance® coupon that will help you get the spread or buttery sticks that you need for this recipe at a nice discount.
$1/1 Smart Balance® Buttery Spread or Sticks Item
Remember, Smart Balance® Spreads & Sticks are a smart choice for all your holiday meals and recipes. Smart Balance products offer great taste and support healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range1. So it’s the smartest choice for a happy (and healthy) heart! Plus with all the different varieties available at Publix, you can get just what your recipe calls for. Whether you need a spread or a stick–there is a Smart Balance® product that’s perfect for all your baking needs this holiday season!
The delicious taste of Smart Balance® will help make all your recipes taste amazing. Choose Smart Balance® Original Spread and use it like butter, love it even more!
With these benefits, you’ll see why it’s a great choice –
- 60% less saturated fat than butter
- 0g trans fat
- No hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils
- Made with a unique blend of oils that improves the ratio of “good” HDL to “bad” LDL1
- 400mg Omega 3 per serving
- Gluten free
- Dairy Free
- No diacetyl added
- 5 – 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons Smart Balance® Buttery Spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold Smart Balance® Buttery Sticks, cubed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Boil sweet potatoes until fork tender and drain.
- Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl and add sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, sale and Smart Balance® Buttery Spread and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into an 11×7-inch casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Create the streusel by cutting the cubed Smart Balance® Buttery Stick into the flour and then mix in the brown sugar and pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the sweet potato mixture and bake in a 400º F oven for 40 – 45 minutes or until streusel is golden brown.
Plus the new buttery sticks are extremely versatile and great for baking and cooking. They are firm out of refrigeration and can be whipped, creamed, melted and used like butter…but with 50% less Saturated Fat than butter!
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range
- 300 mg ALA per serving
- 0g trans fat
- Great for Baking & Cooking!
- Dairy Free
- 50% less Saturated Fat than Butter
1The right blend of fats may improve your cholesterol ratio when at least 2/3 of fat intake comes from this product or our Food Plan; limit fat to 30% of calories and saturated fats to 10% of calories. Limit cholesterol to 300mg/day. Avoid foods with partially hydrogenated oil. Exercise regularly.