This post is sponsored by Cooked Perfect Meatballs. All comments and opinions are my own.
Need a fast, family-friendly meal to help you get through a busy week? You are in luck as I have an amazing family-approved recipe that’s quick AND super easy on the budget. My Shortcut Swedish Meatballs is a meal that I put on my dinner rotation several times per month.
My guys will devour this dish and I love it for how easy and convenient it is to prepare.
This recipe is one that I can make in a pinch. On nights when things don’t go as planned and I need a back up option, I can have this meal on the table in just minutes. When I don’t have potatoes handy, I”ll serve the meatballs over pasta. Either way you get a delicious meal that’s ready in minutes!
I always have a bag of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs in my freezer in case things get crazy. We love the taste and because they are fully cooked, they only take minutes to prepare in a microwave, oven or stove top. That one bag can become about a dozen different recipes. Simple spaghetti and meatballs, meatballs subs, my Italian Meatball Braid or these amazing Shortcut Swedish Meatballs.
- 16 oz Cooked Perfect Meatballs, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup half & half (or heavy cream)
- pinch of allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- mashed potatoes
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Whisk in flour until incorporated and smooth.
- Whisk in beef broth and cook over medium until the mixture boils and thickens - about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in the half & half, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Add the Cooked Perfect Meatballs and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes (or pasta).
Use the Cooked Perfect product locator tool to find your favorite varieties. If you need some recipe ideas you can visit the Cooked Perfect recipe page or try any of the other recipes that I have shared.