This post is sponsored by Dos Equis and General Mills. All comments and opinions are my own.
Cinco de Mayo is coming up fast!
I love this time of year as we always see some fantastic deals to help us create amazing meals. You guys know that Mexican foods and flavors are my all time favorite! As you’d imagine, I take the opportunity to grab everything I need to serve up tasty meals to help us enjoy a fiesta night at home!
Tacos are always a hit at my house and we usually do some form of Taco Tuesday each week. Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year so I’ll shake things up and serve up these Beef Beer Tacos for my family and friends who will be stopping by!
Since we’ll be entertaining, this recipe is the perfect way to serve up great taste that everyone will love AND offers a complete meal solution that’s easy to prepare. I plan on doubling the recipe which will mean plenty of tacos for everyone to enjoy as well as lots of great tasting Dos Equis beer for the adults.
Whether you have a big shindig planned or just a special meal planned for your family, grab everything you need for a tasty Fresh Fiesta at Publix. Pick up all your Cinco de Mayo party needs at a great price when you shop at Publix!
Be sure to check out the Ready.Plan.Save page for lots more recipes to help you plan the perfect get together!
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand n’ Stuff™ taco dinner kit
- 2/3 cup Dos Equis™ lager beer
- 1 cup (from 8-oz bag) Kraft™ Mexican style shredded four cheese blend with a touch of Philadelphia
- 1 Avocados from Mexico™, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (from 16-oz container) Breakstone’s™ sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix (from dinner kit) and beer. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat shells (from dinner kit) as directed on package.
- Divide beef among heated shells; top with cheese, avocado, sour cream, taco sauce (from dinner kit) and cilantro.
Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners. Must be 21+ to drink alcohol, please enjoy responsibly!