This post is sponsored by Branch: A Family of Farms . All comments and opinions are my own.
This is the time of year when I look for lighter meals that taste great and are easy to prepare. Make-ahead dishes are ideal for my busy schedule so this Corn & Crab Salad is one of my go-to recipes.
This recipe is based off a dish that I had on one of our trips to the Caribbean. While I can’t get the beach view here in Chattanooga, I can still enjoy the big tropical flavors that I love. The combination of sweet corn, succulent crab and refreshing fruit is beyond amazing. I’ll often whip up a huge batch when we do cookouts and it never fails that everyone asks for the recipe.
Some friends invited us to come over for a dinner party last week and I didn’t want to come empty handed. I saw the Branch Corn at Publix and immediately knew what to bring. I whipped up a dessert and a big batch of this salad. At the end of the night during cleanup, I saw that my bowl was completely empty. Once again, the recipe was a huge hit!
When you need a delicious recipe that everyone will love…just head into Publix and get a package of Branch Gourmet Extra Sweet Corn. Whip up my Corn & Crab Salad and just watch as the bowl comes back completely empty.
Look for three tasty varieties of Branch Corn in the produce section at your store –
- Yellow – yellow kernels and offers an enjoyable sweet flavor. It can be boiled, grilled, roasted and even microwaved.
- White – white kernels with a gentle sweet flavor compared to yellow sweet corn. It is versatile and can be cooked in different ways such as boiled, grilled, roasted and microwaved.
- Bicolor – contains both white and yellow kernels. It is sweet and juicy and can be enjoyed boiled, grilled, roasted and microwaved.
Sweet Corn is Branch’s passion and has been their focus for over 60 years! Once you take a bite you’ll be able to tell. You see, this is not your standard sweet corn that you have to shuck at home, this is the sweetest of the sweet that is hand selected exclusively for Publix. Simply open a package and it’s ready to go. Perfect for all your favorite recipes or served as a simple side dish boiled with a little butter.
All three varieties taste amazing and you can feel good serving this delicious corn at your dinner table. I love them all and typically choose the bicolor variety for my corn salad recipe.
Grab a few ingredients and give my recipe a try. It’s simple to prepare and can be made ahead of time if needed.
- 4 ears of Branch Bicolor Corn, grilled and cut from the cobb
- ¾ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz crab meat
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Diced mango
- Diced avocado
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, onions, cilantro and crab meat to a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Right before serving, mix in the avocado and mango.