This post is sponsored by Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa. All comments and opinions are my own.
Are you gearing up to watch the Final Four? It will be fun to see which team comes out the big winner and gets bragging rights as 2018 champs!
I like basketball but I am more of a football fan so when we have March Madness gatherings, I spend a little more time entertaining than I do actually watching the game. Of course when we get down to the last few games, things get a little more interesting.
Jim has invited a couple of folks over to watch the game this weekend and asked me to put together a few snacks for his buddies.
I have a couple of bags of chips, some dips, hot wings and I decided to make a batch of meatballs using Garden Fresh Gourmet® salsa. I found the recipe not too long ago and knew it would be a hit with all my guys. I actually decided that a double batch would be needed to feed the crew expected here today.
Meatballs are always a good option as you can prep them ahead of time then cook them right before your guests arrive. Then just pop them in a slow cooker on warm and your guests have a tasty app that they can enjoy from tip off all the way to the final buzzer.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Garden Fresh Gourmet® Restaurant Style Medium Salsa
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 ¼ Cup Garden Fresh Gourmet Restaurant Style Medium Salsa
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, ¾ cup of Garden Fresh Gourmet Restaurant Style Medium Salsa, and salt in a bowl, being careful not to overmix.
- Shape mixture into evenly-sized spheres (approximately 1” in diameter). Chill covered in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook meatballs covered in skillet, frequently shaking the skillet to evenly cook all sides, for 6-7 minutes. Place meatballs on a paper towel-covered plate.
- To make the sauce, heat salsa, honey, vinegar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk until combined, and continue to stir until thickened.
- Coat the meatballs in the sauce and serve.
Now is the perfect time to grab your salsa as we have sales happening right now at Publix. Head to the deli section and grab your favorite varieties at a super discount. Pick up a tub for a batch of meatballs and another to put out with a bag of chips. You’ll get a super deal and your guests will get amazing taste! Look for a great deal now through 4/1 at Publix.
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa, 2/$5
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Organic Salsa, 2/$7
You’ll be proud to serve up Garden Fresh Gourmet salsa at your next shindig. It has no artificial preservatives and is crafted in small batches with quality ingredients. Enjoy America’s #1 Refrigerated Salsa Brand and serve up a winning lineup at your March Madness gathering.