This post is sponsored by SC Johnson. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am going to bet that cleaning the toilet is not your favorite thing to do each week. While it’s not an exciting chore…as I remind my boys all the time, “You use it—so you have to clean it!” The toilet is something that we can’t do without, so it’s best to keep it clean and fresh!
While everyone may have their own way to clean a toilet, I thought I’d give you my simple and effective cleaning routine in hopes that it might be helpful. I actually had to write it down a while back when I found my son cleaning the TOP of the toilet seat with the toilet brush–UGH!
- Clear off anything on or around the toilet.
- Flush the toilet to make sure it’s ready to be cleaned. Yes, I know this seems like a no-brainer but remember I have pre-teens who don’t always use their noggins!
- Grab a bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles® Bubbly Bleach Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner. Starting right under the rim, squirt the gel around the entire toilet bowl.
- Grab the Scrubbing Bubbles® Disinfectant Bathroom Cleaner and spray the toilet seat (top and bottom) and the exterior of the toilet.
- Step back and let the bubbles do their magic! This is a good time to check to see if the toilet paper needs to be refilled or you can get started on the sink or the tub!
- Grab the toilet brush and scrub the whole toilet bowl…including under the rim.
- Grab a paper towel or cloth. Start at the top and wipe down all the exterior surfaces of the toilet.
- Flush the toilet and wipe up any drips or spills around the toilet.
- Get the Scrubbing Bubbles® Fresh Gel and apply the toilet cleaning stamp to the inside of the toilet bowl. This keeps the toilet bowl fresh every time you flush!
- Put away ALL cleaning supplies.
There is nothing fancy about my routine but it’s a fast and easy way to knock out a less-than-exciting chore and yields great results!
Be sure to look for the new Scrubbing Bubbles® Bubbly Bleach Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner at Publix. The new cleaners combine the power of bleach and the cleaning action of foaming bubbles for a clean that I trust. The extended reach neck makes the bottle super easy to use and when paired with Scrubbing Bubbles® Fresh Gel Toilet Cleaning Stamp you’ll enjoy long lasting freshness.
Look for three varieties in the cleaning aisle at Publix –
- Scrubbing Bubbles® Bubbly Bleach Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Rainshower
- Scrubbing Bubbles® Bubbly Bleach Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Lavender
- Scrubbing Bubbles® Extra Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Rainshower