This post is sponsored by Weight Watchers® International. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am always looking for different ways to enjoy my favorite foods. A Caprese Salad is probably one of my all time favorite things to eat. It’s a fantastic option when serving one or two but isn’t really something that you’d serve to a large group.
I hosted a luncheon for a group of my buddies and wanted to put out a few appetizers that we could munch on before the meal. My thoughts were to offer light snacks that were easy to grab and eat as folks walked around chatting. I thought about my favorite Caprese Salad but…a tomato dripping with balsamic isn’t something that you’d normally serve as finger food. So I put on my thinking cap and came up with a way to get that great Caprese Salad flavor in a bite sized snack. I am pretty sure that I succeeded as my Wonton Caprese Bites were a huge hit. The entire platter I put out came back completely empty!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 5 sticks of Weight Watchers® String Cheese, each stick cut into 5 equal pieces
- handful of fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and then push the wonton wrappers into each cup of the tin.
- Cut the top off each tomato and using a knife or melon baller, remove most of the seeds of each tomato and then place into the wonton cup.
- Add a basil leaf and a chunk of the Weight Watchers® String Cheese into each tomato.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the wonton is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Before serving drizzle each tomato with a little balsamic vinegar.
Remember with Weight Watchers® products you get the best possible combination of great taste and smart products. The string cheese is amazing in my recipe and of course perfect just as a snack whenever you need it.
Weight Watchers® cheese is made from low-fat milk and has an amazing taste that you have to try to believe.
With the great coupon you can pick up great savings on a delicious cheese that’s perfect as a snack or with a few additional ingredients can become a crowd pleasing appetizer. Print your coupon and save next time you shop at Publix!