This post is sponsored by Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa. All comments and opinions are my own.
The big game is just around the corner so you need to start thinking about your menu that you’ll serve up to your party guests.
I like to serve up hand held snack options when watching sporting events. I have found that they are the easiest option for folks. They can grab what they want without having to worry about a spoon or fork to get in the way. Plus if your friends are rowdy like mine, you’ll save yourself a little cleanup by keeping things simple. There’s usually a whole lot of jumping around when those big plays happen!
There will also be lots of chips and dips on my menu and of course I am going to put out a couple of different salsa options. It’s just not a party without those tasty dips!
One of my favorite brands is Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa. It’s America’s #1 Refrigerated Salsa Brand for good reason. It tastes like the salsa you would make yourself…you know if you had any time whatsoever! Of course on game day, I am not going to be spending my time in the kitchen so you better believe I’ll be stocking up on several tasty varieties.
Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa has no artificial preservatives and is crafted in small batches so you can feel good putting it out for your friends and family. They get big flavor that comes from chef inspired recipes that are anything but boring! My absolute favorite is Garden Fresh Gourmet Sweet Onion Salsa. If you enjoy the bold flavor of sweet and savory onions, then this recipe is for you. It’s a combination of deliciously juicy tomatoes, sweet onions, green bell peppers, and jalapeño peppers—yum!
My favorite way to serve it is with a batch of my Easy Chicken Taquitos! They are super simple to make and a fabulous option for a group. Just plate those tasty taquitos beside the Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa and folks can dip and go!
Check out my recipe below. You’ll love how easy this tasty app is to make. Stop by the Publix deli and grab a rotisserie chicken and pick up a tub or two of Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa and you have a tasty snack combo for game day!
- 1 package corn tortillas, warmed
- 8 oz Mexican melting cheese like Quesadilla or Oaxaca, shredded
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- Garden Fresh Gourmet Salsa for dipping
- Heat ½ inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of chicken and cheese to the middle of the warmed tortilla and wrap tightly.
- Working in batches of 6, Place the taquitos seam side down into the hot oil and fry for 3 - 5 minutes until golden brown, turning to ensure even browning.
- Remove to a paper lined plate to drain.
- Top with additional cheese and cilantro if desired and serve with salsa.