This post is sponsored by Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. All comments and opinions are my own.
If you aren't eating sweet potatoes for breakfast you are REALLY missing out. I know it sounds kinda kooky but it's one of my favorite things to whip up in the morning.
My friend introduced me to this morning marvel a while back. I am not sure which of her diet kicks this one came from but I am very happy that she shared. Naturally I gave her recipe my own spin and came up with a super quick and easy meal that tastes absolutely amazing.
I eat this warm or cold...it really just depends on my mood. The basic prep is super easy. You just microwave a sweet potato and then mash it with some Greek yogurt and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® French Vanilla powder. Then you simply top it with anything that floats your boat!
I happen to love the flavor combination of dates and granola. It's a perfect compliment to the French Vanilla flavor. Of course you can change it up however you'd like. Maybe you add some fresh fruit and nuts. Try it with some pumpkin seeds and shaved coconut...the options are endless!
Remember now is the perfect time to stock up on your favorite Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder so you can whip up this tasty recipe! Find all your favorite varieties on sale at Publix now through 12/9 as part of the current Advantage Buy flyer!
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder 8 - 10 ct, 2/$9
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 - 4 oz Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Carnation Breakfast Essentials® French Vanilla Powder
- 2 dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granola clusters
- any other toppings of choice
- Bake or roast the sweet potato until fork tender (Pierce with a fork and bake in 375º F oven for 1 hour or microwave about 5 - 6 minutes)
- Remove the skin and mash with the yogurt and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder.
- Top with dates and granola clusters or any of your favorite toppings.
Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder makes it super simple to provide a quick and convenient breakfast for your entire family. You get convenient nutrition that tastes great. Serve it up mixed with milk as a tasty drink or make my Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl - either way you have a delicious meal that's ready in a flash!