This post is sponsored by BREAKSTONE'S® Butter. All comments and opinions are my own.
You are looking at one of my family's favorite recipes. Herbed Potato Stacks With Sour Cream Sauce is a super easy recipe that my guys will attack the moment the plate is put on the table. This recipe offers the perfect combination of potatoes that are soft and tender in the middle with a crispy, buttery crust. I have seen my boys fight over that bottom layer...you know the one that's golden brown and melts in your mouth!
You just need a few potatoes, a few herbs and some delicious BREAKSTONE'S® Butter to have an amazing side dish that's super easy to prepare. Now the potatoes are amazing right out of the oven—but I like to add an extra layer of flavor with a quick and easy sour cream sauce.
Thanks to the Publix sale on BREAKSTONE'S® Butter, now is the time to add these amazing potatoes to your weekly menu.
BREAKSTONE'S® Butter, Assorted Varieties, 8 oz. container, $2.69 (valid through 11/24)
With the holidays just around the corner, it's the perfect time to take advantage of the sale and stock up! I use butter in over half of my holiday recipes. I need it for my turkey, mac & cheese, green beans and of course to spread on fresh baked rolls. BREAKSTONE'S® Butter is made with the best ingredients for a creamy, rich taste that meets the highest standards of quality. It's a must have for all your favorite recipes.
Take advantage of the Publix sale and try my Herbed Potato Stacks With Sour Cream Sauce in place of basic mashed potatoes at your Thanksgiving meal. Put them on your table then watch as they disappear in a flash!
- 4 tablespoons of BREAKSTONE’S® Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1½ teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Approx 10 - 12 small potatoes - I like Yukon Gold
- 2 tablespoons BREAKSTONE’S® Butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- ¼ cup BREAKSTONE’S® Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Clean the potatoes and cut into 1/16 inch slices. (A mandolin makes quick work of the potatoes)
- Add the butter, garlic, herbs and salt into a small saucepan and heat until butter is melted.
- Toss the potatoes with the butter mixture then stack into the muffin tin cups, filling to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- About 5 minute before the potatoes are ready, Melt butter in a small saucepan and then stir in the flour.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes then stir in milk.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken base.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream.
- Drizzle the sauce over the herbed potato stacks.
You can find a ton of delicious recipes for your holiday meal on the BREAKSTONE'S recipe page. If you need help with your holiday menu, head over and get some recipe inspiration.