This post is sponsored by Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. All comments and opinions are my own.
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I try to keep a nice supply of tasty snacks available for my guys. They have a big holiday break that will have them home for several weeks. When they are home...they eat!
As you'd imagine, make ahead snacks are a necessity for my hectic life. I'll often take about an hour on Sunday night to prepare several different options that they can grab whenever they want during the week. Don't get me wrong, I love the convenience of prepackaged snacks but keeping my guys supplied can get expensive. With the expense of holiday entertaining and all those gifts, I look for ways to save as much as possible.
With super easy options like my Chocolate Cherry Chewy Granola Bars, I get great taste at a super price. They are crazy simple to prepare and are a fraction of the price of the store bought version.
The great thing about granola bars is that you can customize them to suit your taste. Add nuts, coconut, dried fruits or really anything that strikes you fancy. We happen to be chocolate lovers so almost all of my recipes will start with a basic chocolate flavored bar. To get that chocolatey flavor, I use Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder!
That's right, besides being a tasty breakfast option, Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powders are also fabulous in so many great recipes too. Try adding it to your coffee, smoothies, or shakes, or even bake with it. It is fresh, versatile and tasty.
Give my granola bar recipe a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 packet Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- Add the Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, butter, honey, vanilla and salt to a small saucepan and heat over low, mixing until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the rolled oats in a large bowl and add the chocolate mixture, stirring to coat the oats.
- Allow to cool for 3 - 5 minutes then add the cherries and chocolate chips, mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture into a paper lined sheet pan and press the mixture into the pan - make sure to press hard until compact as this will help the bars stick together.
- Place into the refrigerator for 1½ - 2 hours until set.
- Cut and serve!
Remember you can stock up on your favorite varieties thanks to the Advantage Buy sale that runs through 12/9.
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder 8 - 10 ct, 2/$9
With the sale you are getting great taste and paying as little as 45¢ per serving. That's my kind of deal on a super convenient breakfast and recipe option that tastes great. Be sure to pick up your favorites the next time you shop!