The holidays are right around the corner. How about a festive meal that you can serve up without spending all day in the kitchen? This recipe for Turkey, Cranberry & Wild Rice Salad is a super simple option that offers amazing taste and works great with your holiday leftovers!
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati & Wild Rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cooked turkey leftovers
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- flaked almonds (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the celery, onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the rice, cinnamon, turkey, cranberries and raisins then season to taste. Cook through until thoroughly combined and warmed through.
- Finally add the lemon juice and parsley and chill, sprinkling with flaked almonds if desired before serving.
With the quick convenience of Veetee Rice and a few key ingredients you can give a second life to your turkey leftovers. The best part, it’s ready in about 10 minutes.
Remember, Veetee Rice has no additives or preservatives. With a shelf life of 12 months you can stock up and have a quick and easy meal starter that’s perfect on a hectic weeknight. Veetee Rice is ready in just two minutes from the microwave so it’s ready whenever you need it.
Be sure to stop by Publix and pick up some Veetee rice and you’ll be all set for a tasty meal super fast.