This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All comments and opinions are my own.
Dinnertime can be one of the most hectic times of the day so I choose meals options that are easy but still offer big flavor. Jake has swim team every day and Jeb has football and tutor 3 nights per week. In addition to our running around, there’s also homework and a variety of other activities that all have to be accomplished in those few hours after school—but before bed.
Thanks to Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork items, I can serve up fantastic meals that have big flavor but don’t take up too much of my valuable time. Being able to put a meal on the table in 30 minutes or less means that I can get more accomplished and that makes me a happy gal!
Publix carries a variety of Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products that are perfect for a delicious meal any night of the week. All of the items can be easily prepared in a variety of ways including grilled, roasted or sautéed.
Look for six different Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork varieties…all of which just happen to be on sale right now at Publix!
- Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin, $3.99
- Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin, $5.99
- Steakhouse Mushroom Pork Loin Filet, $6.99
- Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas, $5.99 (new item!)
- Garlic & Herb Pork Chops, $5.99 (new item!)
- Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops, $5.99 (new item!)
Be sure to stock up on all the tasty products while we have amazing deals. Grab a package of the Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas and you can whip up my Easy Pork Enchiladas in a flash. With this meal, dinnertime goes from stressful to blissful!
Start the pork in your slow cooker early in the day. Then you just shred, wrap and top to have dinner on the table with very little effort.
Now let’s talk about taste. These are probably some of the most amazing enchiladas that I have ever put in my mouth. Forget your local Mexican joint…these will put them to shame! Once you try my recipe you might not believe that it’s really so easy to prepare.
Now I actually make them two different ways to appease the picky eaters in my family. I happen to love both and will happily have one of each for dinner. It only requires an extra dish an extra can of enchilada sauce to make me super mom.
- 1 pkg Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 10 – 12 flour tortillas and/or corn tortillas
- 6 oz queso fresco, shredded (or your favorite cheese)
- 28 oz can red enchilada sauce and/or green enchilada sauce
- additional cilantro, cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, avocado or any of your favorite toppings for garnish
- Place the Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas in a slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water and use a spoon to gently break up the meat.
- Cook the meat on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Pour off all but 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and then use two forks to shred the meat.
- Mix 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro into the shredded meat.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Spread about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the meat mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of cheese then wrap the tortilla tightly around the filling and place seam side down into the casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and bake for 20 minutes until heated through.
- Serve topped with additional cilantro, cheese and any of your favorite toppings.
In addition to offering up tasty pork products to help us serve up delicious meals, the folks at Smithfield are also running the Smithfield Real Flavor Real Fast contest. Through 10/31, consumers can submit their tip for getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork for a chance to win a trip to Wine Country (or hundreds of other prizes). Once the entry deadline of 10/31 has passed, consumers can vote on their favorite tip for a chance to win a $25 Visa gift card.
I have some more great news…the folks at Smithfield are offering up $100 Publix gift cards just for iHeartPublix readers. FIVE winners will be able to stock up on all their favorite Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products for FREE!
Entry is simple. You just need to complete the mandatory task below (answering my question below). You can gain additional entries by completing any of the other options as well! View the Giveaway & Sweepstakes Rules.
- Leave a comment letting me know the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork flavor that you are most excited to try.