This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods & Tyson Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
The weather is getting hotter by the day. The last thing that any of us want to eat is a heavy meal. So salads are going to show up on the menu quite often over the next few months. Now salads don’t have to be boring. There is more to a salad than just a bowl of lettuce! With a few ingredients you can create an amazing meal that tastes great and is a smart meal option!
Take this Southwestern Chicken Combo Salad…now this is a meal that you can put in front of your family and even your pickiest eaters will be happy! It’s packed with big flavor, lots of great texture and it only takes minutes to prepare. You don’t have to worry about using the oven and overheating your kitchen on a hot day!
A few minutes of prep is all it takes to serve up a great meal that’s ready without a ton of effort. Thanks to the convenience of Tyson Grilled & Ready Frozen Fully Cooked Chicken you simply heat and serve!With Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Frozen Fully Cooked Chicken you can have the best of both worlds, delicious and protein filled meals that are good for you and your family. The chicken is perfect for all your favorite recipes. Its simple and convenient to make. Just pull what you need from the bag and heat in the microwave. You get 100% all natural white meat chicken breast strips made with 100% all natural ingredients and no preservatives.
Use it in your favorite salads, entrées, sandwiches, wraps and more…the options are endless!
I love the convenience of being able to grab only what I need and having it ready in minutes. When I am making a quick salad for myself at lunchtime, I certainly don’t want to deal with the hassle of breaking a package of chicken and then cooking just enough for myself. Thanks to Tyson® Grilled and Ready®, I can have my salad ready to go in a matter of minutes.
Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing is a bold, full-flavored dressing that’s packed full of herbs and seasonings for an extra zesty boost of flavor. It gives your salad that final touch that makes it taste amazing.
Of course it’s also perfect in tons of other great recipes and makes for a super easy marinade for all of us who put our grill to use this time of year. Simply pour over your favorite meat and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. You’ll get great taste with very little effort. That’s my idea of a quick and delicious meal option on a busy night!
Plus, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing has no high fructose corn syrup and is gluten free. It’s Americas #1 Italian Dressing!
Right now you can pick up great savings thanks to the coupons in the new Be The Best You Booklet. Look for the booklet in stores or just head over and print your coupons then pick up great deals next time you shop and try this Southwestern Chicken Combo Salad recipe. I think you love it as it’s a quick and easy recipe for a busy weekday!
- $1/2 Wish-Bone Dressing, 12 to 24 oz Publix Coupon Be The Best You Booklet
- $1/1 Tyson Grilled & Ready Frozen Fully Cooked Chicken, 19 to 22 oz Publix Coupon Be The Best You Booklet
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 12 oz. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Frozen Fully Cooked Chicken Strips, cooked according to package directions, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- Crispy kale chips (optional)
- Toast corn and onion in nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted.
- Toss Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken with ¼ cup Italian dressing and lime juice in medium bowl.
- Arrange chicken on quinoa and top with corn mixture, beans, red peppers and cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish, if desired, with kale chips.