The Publix Meal Deal this week just couldn’t be any easier. I am sharing one of our favorite summer recipes—my Easy Chicken Waldorf Salad. The great thing about this recipe is that you can toss in on a bed of lettuce or pile it on some bread and eat it as a sandwich…it’s great either way.
There’s no cooking needed and you can have this on the table in under 10 minutes. A little chopping and some mixing is all it takes for a fabulous meal that the while family will love.
With the sale this week you can put this together at a fantastic price. You can whip up a batch of salad for well under $2 per serving! Here are the sale items in the ad this week. Be sure to check the Publix ad matchups for additional savings.
- Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breasts or Turkey, Assorted Varieties, 8 or 9 oz. pkg., BOGO $4.99
- Red Seedless Grapes, $1.69/lb
- Large Fuji Apples, $1.69/lb
- Fresh Express Salad Blend or Kit, Assorted Varieties, 5 to 11.9 oz. pkg., BOGO $3.99
- Sourdough Round or Multigrain Bread, 16 oz. pkg., $2.99
- 9 oz pkg Perdue Short Cuts Chicken, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 1 large apple, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add chopped chicken, cut grapes, chopped apple and chopped walnuts to a large bowl.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, vinegar, honey, olive oil and salt & pepper in a jar and shake to combine (or wisk to combine).
- Pour ¼ cup of dressing over the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve over salad greens and drizzle with additional dressing if desired.
- You can also serve the chicken salad on bread if desired.