Welcome to this week’s Publix Meal Deal. As a reminder, each week I will share a tasty recipe that you can make at a great price with the deals available at Publix.
I have mentioned before that my guys are huge meatball addicts, so when I saw the BOGO sale on Publix Meatballs, I knew that I’d have to include them in my recipe this week.
I probably have a couple dozen recipes using meatballs and almost couldn’t decide which one to go with. I decided to share one that is crazy simple but big on flavor. Plus, it’s such a fun presentation it would be a great meal to serve to guests.
You can bake the bread ahead of time so and then dinner will be on the table in just minutes. Grab the following ingredients and serve this meal up for under $3 per serving. Be sure to check the ad for matching coupons that offer additional savings.
- Publix Meatballs, Italian Style, 32 oz. pkg., BOGO $6.99
- Bertolli Sauce, Assorted Varieties, 15 or 24 oz. jar (Excluding Organic) BOGO $2.99
- Sargento Cheese Slices, Assorted Varieties, 6.67 to 8 oz. pkg., $2.50
- 16 oz Publix Italian Style Meatballs
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans Pillsbury bread dough (Italian or French)
- Fresh basil if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the bread dough from the pan and place the rolled dough into the bottom of the pan. Gently pinch the two ends together to form a ring.
- Bake the bread at 350º for 30 - 35 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove to cooling rack and allow to completely cool then cut in half with a bread knife.
- Add the meatballs and marinara sauce to a large pot and simmer for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Arrange the meatballs and sauce on the bottom half of the bread ring
- Top with mozzarella cheese and basil if desired.
- Add the top portion of the bread ring, slice and serve.