This post is brought to you by the folks at RAGÚ®. All comments and opinions are my own.
I don’t think it’s any secret that I love to entertain. We have friends and family over quite often. I’ll look for any excuse to send out an invite asking folks to join us for a little fun.
Of course with events like the big game coming up, it’s a given that we’ll be hosting a fun shindig! Last year we had a big group of folks join us and I am betting that the guest list will be even bigger this year.
You know that means that I have to whip up some tasty foods for everyone. Handheld snacks are a must-have when you have a bunch of folks watching a football game. You don’t want to have to deal with a bunch of utensils when you are jumping up cheering on your favorite team.
One of my absolute favorite game day appetizers are these Pizza Pinwheels. They are so easy to make and are sure to be a hit. Plus you only need a few ingredients and you can have them ready in a flash. Grab the kids and have them help you. My Jeb-a-doo will be the first to volunteer when he hears the word pizza.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 cup RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Meat
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz pepperoni, chopped
- ¼ cup sausage crumbles
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 puff pastry sheet thawed
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface and roll out the pastry until it's about 9"x15"
- Spread the sauce on the pastry sheet to within ½ inch of the edge.
- Top with the pepperoni, sausage and the cheeses
- Starting at a short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into about 20 (1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto 2 baking sheets. Brush the slices with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauce offers bold flavors and a thick and hearty texture that hugs pasta. The folks at RAGÚ® combine premium ingredients including vine-ripened tomatoes, diced onion, garlic and fragrant herbs to create a delicious sauce that’s perfect on pasta or kicked up as part of your favorite recipe.
Look for these five varieties when you shop at Publix and choose the one that best fits your recipe.
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Mushroom
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Meat
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Four Cheese
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic
Every RAGÚ® red sauce, including the new RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauces, contain no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup. So you can feel good about serving it at your family dinner table.
Pick up a jar next time you shop and create a delicious game day snack that will make you the party MVP!