This post is sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
I am always trying new recipes to keep my boys happy in the morning. I have mentioned before that my spoiled kiddos don’t do cereal or really any of the other “easy” breakfast options. That means I am in the kitchen cooking each morning. In all honesty, I don’t really mind as I truly believe that a good breakfast leads to a good day!
Of course recipes that are easy and still delicious definitely make me a little happier. This recipe for Upside-Down Breakfast Stacks is one of those recipes that I love to make on school mornings. I can get them started right before I go downstairs to wake the boys up and by the time they get up and dressed, they’ll be ready to pull from the oven.
They get great protein in a delicious hot breakfast that they love. Anything that they can dip into Hungry Jack® syrup is sure to be a hit with my boys! I love how simple they are to prepare…especially since I am not always totally awake early in the morning. Once you make them the first time, you’ll find that you can whip them up in just a couple of minutes thereafter.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 fully cooked sausage patties
- 6 vegetable sausage patties
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/2 cup water
- Shredded sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 6 muffin cups or glass custard cups generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- DIVIDE eggs evenly into prepared muffin cups. Top with sausage patty. Whisk pancake mix and water together in medium bowl until smooth. Pour evenly over sausage.
- BAKE 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes. Invert onto baking sheet. Sprinkle immediately with cheese, if desired. Serve warm with syrup.
You can whip up this recipe at a super price thanks to the coupon available in our new Advantage Buy flyer! You get a dozen eggs for FREE with your purchase of two Hungry Jack® products (pancake mix or syrup). What’s even better is that both the pancake mix and the syrup are also on sale in the ad too!
Hungry Jack Syrup, 27.6 oz, or Pancake Mix, 20 to 32 oz, 2/$5
–FREE Dozen Publix Large Eggs wyb (2) Hungry Jack Syrup, 27.6 oz, or Pancake Mix, 20 to 32 oz Grocery Advantage Buy Flyer “Fall Savings” In-Ad Publix Coupon (valid 9/10 to 9/30)
Get eggs, syrup and pancake mix for just $5…$1.66 per item!
Remember to look for the coupon in the flyer or just head over to Publix.com to print it before you shop! You can also look for peelies on the products in the store.
Hungry Jack® mixes and syrups are redefining the rules of breakfast. Enjoy a morning the way you want it—with a hearty meal that satisfies, topped with the only syrup in a microwaveable bottle* with an easy-pour cap that lets the sweetness flow. Grab your coupon and make it a breakFEAST without breaking the bank. Take advantage of the super deal now through 9/30 at Publix!