This post is sponsored by General Mills. All comments and opinions are my own.
We are starting the second week of the Publix Flavor Excursion sale. That means you have one more week to pick up all the great deals so you can create some fantastic meals and step out of your usual dinnertime routine.
I know we all get stuck in the same old boring menus so why not take the opportunity to shake things up a bit? There are tons of dinnertime ideas on the Flavor Excursion page and the coupons and sales make them even more appealing!
Like the recipe for Chicken Black Bean Tacos that you see above…doesn’t it look delicious? It’s super quick and sure to be a family favorite. The best part, it comes together quickly and many of the ingredients are on sale this week at Publix.
Don’t dilly dally as you only have one more week to stock up on the deals. Step out of your everyday routine and explore delicious recipes and get great savings during the Publix Flavor Excursion Sale that runs through September 21st.
Be sure to give this Chicken Black Bean Taco recipe a try and don’t forget to head over and check out all the other recipes on the Flavor Excursion site. You’ll have plenty of easy recipe to keep your family running to the dinner table!
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt’s® diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel® diced tomatoes and green chiles (Fire Roasted, Original, or Mild), drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 1 can (16 oz) Bush’s Cocina Latina® Frijoles Negros Machacados (black beans)
- 1 box (9.4 oz) Old El Paso™ hard and soft taco dinner kit (Stand `n Stuff™ & Taco Boats™)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® E.V.O.O. Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- 1 cup Kraft® shredded Mexican style four cheese blend (4 oz)
- In medium bowl, mix Salsa ingredients until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook beans with taco sauce from taco kit over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken with taco seasoning from tack kit and water as directed on box over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and liquid is absorbed.
- Heat tacos and tortillas as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss romaine lettuce and dressing until well coated.
- Fill each taco shell or tortilla with equal amounts of the black bean mixture, romaine lettuce, chicken and cheese. Serve with salsa. Serve immediately.